Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Vision Pro - Right Speaker Overheating

Anyone else experience overheating in the right speaker of your Apple Vision Pro?

what is the technical guys saying about it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 1

Posted on Feb 5, 2024 8:41 PM

23 replies

Feb 13, 2024 5:45 AM in response to HenryMelkor

Hello HenryMelkor!

This may be a hardware issue, but the fact the others are experiencing this too, it makes it seem like a software issue. You should probably try updating to the latest version as of now (visionOS 1.0.3).

If the problem persists, try turning it on and back off.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, contact the Official Apple Support.

I hope this helps!

Feb 17, 2024 4:06 PM in response to HenryMelkor

I bought this two days back. On the second day the inbuilt speaker stopped working. The right speaker started heating up, i was afraid that it might catch fire. I took it to Apple Store and there they connected a debug probe and ran diagnostics. They found the speakers were not responding, they could not narrow down the root cause. The situation persisted across the reboots. I was given two options, return the device for full refund or they will send the device to an offsite facility to fix the problem and later they will ship the device home. The second option would void the 14 day return policy so I chose the first option. It was a very disappointing experience.

Feb 20, 2024 4:32 AM in response to HenryMelkor

I also had my AVP replaced and now it doesn't get hot at all.

If you are experiencing this issue, just go to Apple Store and get it replaced.

This is a defective product definitely.

But fyi, if you run a diagnosis at the Apple Store, it will say no problem on the product with all green.

However, apple people can easily feel the hot on the right speaker and other demo products don't have such heat, they would just admit they need to do something for it.

Feb 20, 2024 12:05 PM in response to HenryMelkor

Had the same issue and went to an Apple Store today. At first, they couldn't figure out how to service it. After calling Apple Support on the phone to try yo figure out, they insisted on extracting logs with the developers strap, even though it's a hardware issue. They couldn't do that either, since they didn't know how to use it. So they told me someone will call me later in the day to see what options there are. Getting a replaced AVP was not an option until mid march! This is an Apple Store in a big city, by the way (Atlanta). Really bad experience overall.

Mar 3, 2024 1:37 PM in response to HenryMelkor

Same problem here, right strap overheats even when unit is plugged in but not turned on. Swapped the right strap with a friends AVP right strap and the issue moved to their AVP so its definitely a faulty strap. Been on the phone to apple support for nearly 2hrs now trying to find a way to have them send me a replacement strap to New Zealand where I am currently.. its not easy!!!

Vision Pro - Right Speaker Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.