You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Controls on icloud email

We have parental controls on my child's phone. Do we have to provide him with the icloud ID and password? If so, is there anyway to restrict use of the icloud email?

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 1:25 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2024 4:48 PM in response to JHalla

JHalla wrote:

It still requires her to enter in her icloud email and password, even when I approve the apps she requests through the app store.

Hi JHalla, that's a different question to the one you asked initially about email.

I have no experience with parental controls, but in the support page I linked earlier Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch you will see the following graphic relating to the setting of iTunes/App Store purchases and it seems that here you can allow purchases without passwords, if that's what you want. Otherwise, I'm not familiar with how it works.

Feb 11, 2024 8:09 PM in response to JHalla

JHalla wrote:

We have parental controls on my child's phone. Do we have to provide him with the icloud ID and password?

No.

If so, is there anyway to restrict use of the icloud email?

You can turn Mail on or off in the Allowed Apps list, but it would seem nothing else.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support says

To change your Allowed Apps:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
  3. Enter your Screen Time passcode. 
  4. Tap Allowed Apps.
  5. Select the apps that you want to allow.

Parental Controls on icloud email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.