You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro M1 not working with HP 223v external monitor.

I have connected my macbook pro m1 to HP N223v external monitor using hdmi to VGA converter. I can move my cursor to the monitor screen but the screen is black. Look like the monitor is connected but is doesn't display anything except "Input Signal not found" error.

I have already updated my macbook to latest version. And already tried using different cables and different monitor. Help ASAP!

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 10:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2024 1:17 AM in response to ng2374

HP Support – HP N223v 21.5-inch Monitor Product Specifications

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz

Input connectors: (1) VGA (1) DVI

I don't know why a HDMI-to-VGA connection would fail, unless, perhaps you're using a VGA-to-HDMI adapter (in reverse), where a HDMI-to-VGA one is needed.

HP – HP Tech Takes / Top Advantages of DVI vs VGA for Computer Monitors

The other thought that comes to mind is to forget about VGA – and use a HDMI-to-DVI adapter or adapter cable. Then you'd be keeping the signal all-digital. HDMI is backwards-compatible with single-link DVI – so this type of connection would be a particularly uncomplicated one.

Macbook pro M1 not working with HP 223v external monitor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.