Why can't I download apps on my iPhone because of payment?

It’s says I owe money on some games that I never played! I know that one of my youngest kids did it without my consent! And now I can’t download anything, not even free apps! What do I do! I can’t download anything cause it says I owe money and I have to put a debit card on there or PayPal and pay a certain amount of money. Which I didn’t do! Please help!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2024 6:12 PM

Hello,

I paid a certain amount of money in one game, it said that the transaction was successful, but no money was taken from my bank account. When I tried to deposit money again in the same game, it said that I had to verify the payment method, i.e. CVV and expiration date, which I did, but it said over and over again that I need to verify it. When I went into the settings to see the purchase history, it said that I owed a certain amount of money. I tried to pay the same debt again, but it kept telling me that I had to verify the card, which I tried to do several times, but it wouldn't. After a few weeks I tried to enter the same game, but it said that I had to install the latest version in order to play it. I entered the App Store and it said: "There's a billing problem", and I couldn't update it like the other apps. At the moment I can't update anything or install any app. I tried in every way to solve the problem with card verification, but nothing worked. I don't know if it's because of the MasterCard I use to buy online or if it's some other reason. I hope that you will be able to help me to solve this problem as soon as possible, because it frustrates me a lot. Thank you!

Also here I will leave you the text that I always get when I try to verify the card:

To avoid interruptions to your subscriptions and purchases, verify your payment information or add a new payment method.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2024 6:12 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Hello,

I paid a certain amount of money in one game, it said that the transaction was successful, but no money was taken from my bank account. When I tried to deposit money again in the same game, it said that I had to verify the payment method, i.e. CVV and expiration date, which I did, but it said over and over again that I need to verify it. When I went into the settings to see the purchase history, it said that I owed a certain amount of money. I tried to pay the same debt again, but it kept telling me that I had to verify the card, which I tried to do several times, but it wouldn't. After a few weeks I tried to enter the same game, but it said that I had to install the latest version in order to play it. I entered the App Store and it said: "There's a billing problem", and I couldn't update it like the other apps. At the moment I can't update anything or install any app. I tried in every way to solve the problem with card verification, but nothing worked. I don't know if it's because of the MasterCard I use to buy online or if it's some other reason. I hope that you will be able to help me to solve this problem as soon as possible, because it frustrates me a lot. Thank you!

Also here I will leave you the text that I always get when I try to verify the card:

To avoid interruptions to your subscriptions and purchases, verify your payment information or add a new payment method.

Feb 17, 2024 6:29 PM in response to merri272

You need to contact iTunes Support. In reality, you are responsible for things which were downloaded under your Apple ID. They may be nice and not make you pay for something one of your children downloaded, but until you resolve that and add a payment method to your account, you can't download apps, even free apps. A payment method is required to use the app store.

Here is how to reach iTunes Support --> iTunes - Official Apple Support

Why can't I download apps on my iPhone because of payment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.