IS no_reply@email.apple.com A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS

I keep seeing posts on this email address and people asking if it's a valid email address or not? This IS NOT a valid email address, the one that I've been told by Apple that's valid is the noreply@email.apple.com, no _ in this one, email address. People need to stop providing inaccurate information, PLEASE either do your research or don't respond to these threads!!! I sent the no_reply@email.apple.com email address to Apples spam verification email address and they got back to me and confirmed that the one WITH the underscore IS the spam email address.

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 9:09 PM

I sent the no_reply@email.apple.com email address to Apples spam verification email address and they got back to me and confirmed that the one WITH the underscore IS the spam email address.

This advice is not correct. Apple uses both forms, but perhaps not in every country. I have emails from Apple from both of these variations: with the "_" and without the "_"

Emails I have received from Apple Australia with the underscore (no_reply@email.apple.com) are tax invoices/receipts for subscriptions, apps and services such as iCloud+ and billed through my Australian Apple ID account using my credit card. The last one I received was only two days ago.

Emails I have received from Apple without the underscore (noreply@email.apple.com) have been alerts about my Apple ID account, for example when signing into iCloud on the web, or creating a Hide My Email address. These would be from Apple's primary location in the United States.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2024 9:09 PM in response to Dcpalomino1971

I sent the no_reply@email.apple.com email address to Apples spam verification email address and they got back to me and confirmed that the one WITH the underscore IS the spam email address.

This advice is not correct. Apple uses both forms, but perhaps not in every country. I have emails from Apple from both of these variations: with the "_" and without the "_"

Emails I have received from Apple Australia with the underscore (no_reply@email.apple.com) are tax invoices/receipts for subscriptions, apps and services such as iCloud+ and billed through my Australian Apple ID account using my credit card. The last one I received was only two days ago.

Emails I have received from Apple without the underscore (noreply@email.apple.com) have been alerts about my Apple ID account, for example when signing into iCloud on the web, or creating a Hide My Email address. These would be from Apple's primary location in the United States.

Feb 17, 2024 8:57 PM in response to Dcpalomino1971

Here's an example of a scam e-mail that I received. I added some annotations The scammers were not trying to make me believe that it was from Apple, but they were trying to make me believe that it was from another famous brand (Norton).

This one's designed to panic you into thinking you've already been billed a huge amount of money – for something that you never bought – so that you'll contact the criminals for "help" in getting a "refund." The huge charge never actually happened, but had I called the number and given the information needed to process a "refund", I certainly would have been scammed.

A scam receipt from "Apple" might be a little less blatant, but will probably have the same gimmick of providing a bogus phone number or e-mail address for you to contact to "dispute the charge" or "get a refund". If scammers could reach out and take your money without tricking you into helping them, they would. For the most part, they can't; hence all the "phishing" scams.

Feb 17, 2024 8:46 PM in response to Dcpalomino1971

If the e-mail is genuinely from email.apple.com, then either "noreply" or "no_reply" would be a hint that Apple has set things up so that they can send mail from that address, but so that any replies will be thrown away. The exact spelling of the name would not matter to the e-mail system and would be only a hint for human recipients.

For instance, looking at my own e-mail, I see many receipts that are from "Apple", and that on closer examination, are from "no_reply@email.apple.com". They're all for legitimate things like my Apple Music subscription.

But that doesn't prove that every mail that appears to come from "no_reply@email.apple.com" is legitimate. E.g.,

Invoice from no_reply@email.apple.com? - Apple Community

"The domain it appears to have been sent from doesn't actually exist. Either it's not legitimate or it was somehow sent with invalid header data."

If something looks like a scam, trust your instincts and investigate it a bit further. If you're not certain that you can trust an "Apple receipt" e-mail, there are other ways of checking your purchase and subscription history:

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

May 27, 2024 6:58 AM in response to paatala

paatala wrote:

I keep receiving emails from no_reply@email.apple.com to update my payment information. They had been charging me 2.99 USD per month for so long in-fact several months even when I did not purchase any extra storage. I need to top up my card but since they’ve got the credentials they keep charging from my card. How do I go about this?

First you must review your Purchase History and current Subscriptions using this link. You can also use this link to cancel any active subscriptions you longer want.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

If you need to cancel or downgrade your iCloud+ subscription then follow this support article.

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

If you are unable to find the subscription, then contact Apple directly

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you have found out that the charge is not a legitimate charge from Apple, then you need to consider that your card information has been compromised and will need to contact the bank issuer of the card.

IS no_reply@email.apple.com A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.