Charging issue due to update ios 17.3.1

I have updated my iphone 13 to ios 17.3.1 , whenever i am try to connect it with charging cable it is not showing connected also insteaded of charging my battery is draining . Please help me to resolve this

Posted on Feb 23, 2024 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2024 10:56 PM

Just updated my phone, and it’s currently doing this as well, I made sure it wasn’t the cables or the plugs after the update my phone just doesn’t want to charge or connect to car play I didn’t drop it or anything just randomly stopped working after updating it

20 replies

Mar 2, 2024 11:06 AM in response to uma283

I have the same issue with my iPad. I updated, and it stopped charging completely. It was four years old (7th gen) so I opted to buy a new one. I’ve had mine a week, and it forced an update to 17.3.1 when I turned it on initially. It already has stopped charging. The new update is screwing something up. I have an appt tomorrow. I’ll update here if they have any more info.

Feb 23, 2024 9:47 PM in response to uma283

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Charging issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

Kindly consider checking your settings and addressing any device issues before attributing the issue to external factors.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Mar 5, 2024 9:15 PM in response to uma283

I have a nearly brand new iPad Pro. Got it at Christmas. It was working fine but the last couple of weeks stopped charging from the charging block. I found a workaround where if I take the USB C cable and plug it directly into a USB outlet (I have a USB outlet on my surge protector) then it will charge. I tried several different charging blocks and none of them worked. I checked the OS and it is 17.3.1. I updated to 17.4 but it still doesn’t work with a charging block. Is there a fix for this issue?

Mar 21, 2024 9:38 PM in response to uma283

Yeah, 7 Gen iPad has just done this today. Thought it was my lighting changer to start with until I tried connecting it to the computer and also in my car.

Didn't even know this was a thing until about 2 hours ago. Has Apple acknowledged the issue yet, and have they got a fix for it? I need this iPad for my work and now I'm stuffed till I can work this out. I've just contacted the entire family to turn off automatic updates on everything apple that we have.

Also, if there is to be a software update, can they push this out onto devices that have completely flat batteries which mine now is?

Apr 23, 2024 11:43 AM in response to uma283

Similar situation in my iphone 11, updated to 17.4.1 and stop charging when phone is on. Only way to charge is to shut down the phone and charge it in a cable directly to a surge protector I have with usb, as with wall adapter with usb or type C would not charge, with wireless charger it charges little but cannot do full charge, also battery drains faster than before the update. Battery max capacity is 73%, port is clean as I could back up directly in pc with itunes. I am reading issues charging after this update even in new phones. We have another iphone 12 and update was good.

May 28, 2024 2:05 AM in response to uma283

the Apple lightning cable isn’t just a dumb cable that connects pin to pin - there’s a microprocessor in the plugs at each end. cheap chinese cables are not the same. you can find vids on YT about this.

HOWEVER - given that all you want to do is charge and not transfer data at the fastest speed, it should be possible to use the 3rd party cables that previously worked. the cynic in me says that Apple have made a deliberate choice to do this to force people to buy official overpriced apple cables as they see it as a revenue stream they are missing out on.

Welcome to the Apple ecosystem which is kind of like an abusive relationship but we keep coming back.

May 28, 2024 7:11 AM in response to uma283

I’ve tried different chargers and cables that worked before and cleaned the plug, which was not dusty but no luck, my iPad is not charged anymore. Then tried a power bank with some USB-A to USB-C cable and one is working. I guess it‘s a communication issue that bracks the charging. Was already thinking of exchanging the charging port, but that‘s expensive and might not help - Apple this not the customer service we expect for your pricy equipment, it‘s time for a statement!

Charging issue due to update ios 17.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.