Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone touch screen not working after iOS 17.3.1 update

Hello.

After this new update, my screen does not work at all. Like zero. The buttons on the side work, but I can’t even power it down to reset I can’t swipe it off.

you can’t swipe up to access the passcode screen it just doesn’t work.

highly recommend do not use this update. My is iPhone 14.

I will update if I find anything out.

thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 24, 2024 2:26 AM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2024 3:11 AM in response to DLH8

Hello once more~ Try this prior post by *Axel Foley* exactly as shown below…

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Post back if needed and take care.

~Katana-San~

Feb 25, 2024 9:16 AM in response to DLH8

This happened to me yesterday. I was able to take iPhone out of its case and tried swiping (somewhat forcefully) towards the bottom of the phone til it finally let me in. Sometimes took 50-100 times. Set display sleep mode to never. Made sure there was an iCloud backup.

The 17.3.1 install seemed to corrupt the phone. I tried to factory reset on the iPhone itself but that led to the same issue.

I then used iTunes on a PC to “restore” the phone. It downloaded a fresh copy of 17.3.1. Phone now works without issue so far.

You can try to hit volume up volume down then hold power to reboot the phone, but if that doesn’t fix it you need to get a fresh copy of iOS on there to fix the issue

iPhone touch screen not working after iOS 17.3.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.