Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Missing plug-in" in compressor on M2 (OK on Intel)

I can export projects successfully directly from FCP on Intel iMac or M2pro MBP (all on Ventura 13.6.4). I can also export via Compressor on the Intel iMac.

However when I "send to Compressor" from FCP on M2 MBP I get the "Missing Plugin" error.

All apps are current: FCP v7.1 and Compressor v4.7

Posted on Feb 26, 2024 3:35 AM

7 replies

Feb 28, 2024 1:42 AM in response to Mike Felton

Not a solution, but perhaps a viable alternative: instead of "Send to Compressor", does it work if you export directly from FCP with Compressor Settings? FWIW, there may be reasons why you need "Send to Compressor", I admit that I never use it. I have a bunch of export settings created in Compressor and they are all available for use directly in FCP.

Feb 27, 2024 2:45 PM in response to BenB

Unfortunately Compressor does not give any clue about the "Missing plug-in".

I have tried several projects including very simple ones and the exports are successful from FCP itself and via Compressor on my 2017 iMac but on my 2023 M2Pro MBP trying to export via Compressor always gives a "Missing plug-in" error.

Both machines are on Ventura 13.6.4, FCP 7.1 and Compressor 4.7.

The fact that FCP exports successfully by itself implies that there is no missing plug-in?

Feb 28, 2024 5:35 AM in response to Mike Felton

You'll have to backtrack into FCPX to find out what plugin Compressor is complaining about. No, it won't tell you explicitly, which sucks, cause it could. But if Compressor says a plugin is missing, it is missing, or is not compatible with that version of compressor. So what plugins are you using in that project?

"Missing plug-in" in compressor on M2 (OK on Intel)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.