Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Siri voice is too loud and I can't adjust it's volume

My phone volume is set to 10% and my ring volume is set to to 5% and if I speak to siri it responds so loud that the speaker is distorting. If I tell Siri to lower the volume it will, but is still responding at full volume. I have tried restarting my phone and it hasn't changed the volume level for Siri. It's extremely annoying.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Feb 28, 2024 9:55 AM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2024 12:32 AM in response to futile

futile wrote: "...If I tell Siri to lower the volume it will, but is still responding at full volume...."

Siri's volume is independent of the system volume. To know Siri's current speaking volume, say: "Hey Siri, what's your volume?"

To set Siri's volume: "Hey Siri, speak at 50%." (or other %.) ...Or: "Hey Siri, speak louder / softer."

Or:

Whilst Siri is speaking, press the volume buttons up or down. (If Siri isn't currently speaking, ask Siri to tell you a joke or recite a poem.) Then next time, Siri should speak at the volume you've just set.

õ¿õ¬

Siri voice is too loud and I can't adjust it's volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.