📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Needed: Transferring Messages from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S24

I recently made the switch from an iPhone 13 to a Samsung Galaxy S24 and I'm thrilled with my new device. However, I'm facing a challenge that I'm sure some of you have navigated before. I have years of text messages on my iPhone that hold sentimental value, as well as important information, and I'm looking for the most efficient way to transfer these messages to my new Samsung Galaxy S24.

I've done some research and found a few methods online, but the information is overwhelming, and I'm concerned about losing data in the process. I'm reaching out to this community in hopes of finding a reliable method to transfer text messages from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S24.

Thank you so much in advance for your help and guidance.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 28, 2024 7:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 8:40 PM

I just did a switch from iPhone 12 to Samsung Galaxy S24. For individual text message transfer, Dr.Fone is quite good option for doing that. It only took a few minutes to transfer my messages (roughly 2000) from my iPhone to Galaxy S24. Here is a quick guide you can check:

https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-sms-from-iphone-to-android.html

Make sure turn on USB debugging on Galaxy S24.

P.S. I tried Smart Switch software, but it was always stuck on the 70% and never proceeded.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2024 8:40 PM in response to jasonchevis

I just did a switch from iPhone 12 to Samsung Galaxy S24. For individual text message transfer, Dr.Fone is quite good option for doing that. It only took a few minutes to transfer my messages (roughly 2000) from my iPhone to Galaxy S24. Here is a quick guide you can check:

https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-sms-from-iphone-to-android.html

Make sure turn on USB debugging on Galaxy S24.

P.S. I tried Smart Switch software, but it was always stuck on the 70% and never proceeded.

Feb 29, 2024 4:12 AM in response to jasonchevis

When setting up a new Samsung, you can choose to transfer data from your iPhone using the "Move to Android" app. The app allows you to transfer various types of data, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks, and even your Google accounts. It creates a secure Wi-Fi network between your iPhone and Samsung to facilitate the transfer process.

Mar 1, 2024 2:20 AM in response to jasonchevis

Use a OTG cable to connect iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S24.

Turn on your new Android device. When prompted, connect your new Android phone to your old iPhone using your Lightning to USB-C cable. In some cases, you might need an OTG adapter.

Follow the on-screen instructions to choose what to copy over — contacts, photos, messages, WhatsApp chats and more. Disable iMessage so you don't miss a notification.

That's it. You’ve copied over your most important data onto your new Samsung Galaxy phone.

Mar 3, 2024 11:36 PM in response to jasonchevis

Switching from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S24 is a pretty big leap, and it's awesome to hear you're loving your new device! Wanting to keep all those years of text messages is completely understandable—they're not just texts, but memories and important bits of information. Let's tackle this challenge together.

The good news is, transferring text messages from an iPhone to a Samsung device has become much simpler thanks to some handy tools. The most straightforward method involves using Samsung's own Smart Switch app. This app is a lifesaver for anyone moving from iOS to Samsung, and it does a pretty good job of moving your messages, along with other data like contacts, photos, and apps.

Help Needed: Transferring Messages from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S24

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.