Scolling is jumpy

Scrolling jumps one line at a time. Not smooth. Can I make scroll smoothly three lines at a time?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.3

Posted on Feb 29, 2024 9:57 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2024 9:27 AM in response to BenB

Sorry, I don't know how to get a screenshot. (On my window laptop it was very easy - just right click.) It is not a project. It is the way the Mac works - or doesn't work. This is my first Mac and so far I am not liking it. The scrolling goes I/8 inch/line at a time. Takes several jumps to get past one line of text. It happens when I read email, documents or news stories. It happens in this forum. It is very annoying and I am contemplating returning this piece of sh_t. I cannot get personalization for the way I want things to look. It is either blinding white or black. No in between. The font in some cases is so small I need a magnifying glass to see it. Lots of stuff I am not happy with but fixing the glitchy scrolling would go a long way. Thanks if you can help. Kate

Mar 1, 2024 9:31 AM in response to Katie nontech

What mac do you have?

Scrolling with the built-in trackpad in any portable mac is extremely easy and fluid.

Just place two fingers on the trackpad (the index and middle finger work best for me) and move up or down.

It is way superior to any pc trackpad I have ever tried.

To take a screenshot just press Command-Shift-4 and drag to select the part of the screen you want.

By default, the screenshot is saved to your Desktop.

Scolling is jumpy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.