Shortcuts stop running after first command

My shortcuts are running well when run from Shortcuts app.

the problem is when run by ask Siri.

Every Shortcuts that have always been worked well but now run successfully only first command, and then stop.

I’ve tried

• delete a shortcut and create a new one
  • Refresh Siri & search setting
  • Delete Shortcuts app and reinstall it
  • restart iPhone

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 2, 2024 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 11:56 AM

And even update 17.4.1 doesn’t fix this problem

30 replies

Mar 8, 2024 12:53 PM in response to nattapat242

I have exactly the same problem after updating to ios 17.4 on my iPhone 13 Pro. All shortcuts with one „action“ are running well, all with two or more stop after the first action. Very annoying. Especially if you are used to ask Siri to execute the shortcuts. It is really surprising how such an obvious defect is not detected during the beta phase!

Mar 25, 2024 5:14 AM in response to Dadyadas

Yes, some people say it only works if the phone is unlocked. But in any case, press the 3 dots on your shortcut, type in "Dismiss Siri and Continue". Once it's in your list, hold it and drag it to the top.

for example, I have a shortcut called "Living Room On". It used to look like

1. Turn on living room lamp
  2. Turn on Apple TV

The only way for it to work for me now is to make it:

1. Dismiss Siri and Continue
  2. Turn on living room lamp
  3. Turn on Apple TV

Hope that clarifies things.

Apr 14, 2024 5:43 AM in response to metalsides

Thanks! Using your Siri workaround helps, but now after executing the voice command, Siri stays open and listens, and will never close unless I stop it by pressing the button on the right hand side of my iPhone again.

I thought, I might add the close Siri command at the end again, but that does not stop Siri from listening. Is there any command that would do that? I could not find any…

Shortcuts stop running after first command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.