Charging Iphone 13 but the battery is not going up unless turned off

I just bought my phone, so this is my second time charging it. The first one was ok but right now, I charged it at 28% and it keeps on coming down to 25% and stays there. An hour passed and it's still on the same percentage. I tried turning it off then, the battery went up. But if this is the case, since I cannot see the percentage when it's off, then I just need to turn it on and off again just to check. Is there any problem with my phone? Or should I do something on the setting?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 3, 2024 10:49 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2024 11:41 PM in response to Sheen1223

Battery and Display and service history

With iPhone 11 models and later, excluding iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation), using iOS 15.2 and later, you can go to Settings > General > About for the parts and service history of your iPhone. You can also find out if the display has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, "Genuine Apple Part" will appear next to Display.

• An Unknown Part  message will appear if the display installation is incomplete or if the display:
  • Was replaced with a nongenuine display
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

An additional message might appear that says "Apple has updated the device information for this iPhone." This means that Apple has updated the device information maintained for this iPhone for service needs, safety analysis, and to improve future products. 

Charging Iphone 13 but the battery is not going up unless turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.