How to change location on Find My iPhone?

Hello, everyone!

I'm currently trying to navigate the settings on my iPhone, specifically regarding the Find My iPhone feature. I understand its importance for security and tracking purposes, but I'm facing a bit of a challenge. I need to adjust the location settings for this feature, either for privacy reasons or to correct a location issue, but I'm not sure about the best way to proceed.

Could anyone provide step-by-step instructions on how to change the location settings for Find My iPhone? Additionally, if there are any implications or important considerations to keep in mind while making these adjustments, I would greatly appreciate your insights on those as well.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

iPhone 15

Posted on Mar 4, 2024 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2024 11:09 PM

While Apple's built-in options provide a solid foundation, sometimes a bit of extra customization or functionality from a third-party app can make all the difference, especially when it comes to managing privacy and location data more granularly.

I'd like to recommend "AnyTo". This app is a popular tool for those looking to change their GPS location on their iPhone (or Android device) for various reasons, such as privacy, accessing geo-specific content, or even for apps that use location services (like AR games or social media).

Here's a casual walk-through on how to use it to change your iPhone's location:

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/imyfone-anyto-review-the-ultimate-gps-location-faker.html

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2024 11:09 PM in response to cckdmoris

While Apple's built-in options provide a solid foundation, sometimes a bit of extra customization or functionality from a third-party app can make all the difference, especially when it comes to managing privacy and location data more granularly.

I'd like to recommend "AnyTo". This app is a popular tool for those looking to change their GPS location on their iPhone (or Android device) for various reasons, such as privacy, accessing geo-specific content, or even for apps that use location services (like AR games or social media).

Here's a casual walk-through on how to use it to change your iPhone's location:

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/imyfone-anyto-review-the-ultimate-gps-location-faker.html

May 24, 2024 1:44 AM in response to cckdmoris

To change the location on Find My iPhone, you typically need to move the device physically, as the location is determined by the GPS and network data from your iPhone or iPad. However, if you want to change the location shown for a specific purpose, such as sharing a different location with family or friends, you can follow these steps:

Use Another Device

1. Log in on Another Device: Log in to your iCloud account on another Apple device that you own or have access to.
  2. Enable Find My: Make sure that Find My is enabled on the other device. You can do this by going to Settings > [Your Name] > Find My > Find My [device] and ensuring it's turned on.
  3. Share Location: You can share the location of this other device instead of your primary device by going to Settings > [Your Name] > Find My > Share My Location. Choose the device whose location you want to share.

Using Family Sharing

If you are using Family Sharing, you can share the location of another family member’s device:

1. Set Up Family Sharing: Make sure Family Sharing is set up. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Family Sharing.
  2. Share Location: Ensure the family member's location is shared by checking Settings > [Your Name] > Find My > Use This [device] as My Location on their device.

Using Third-Party Apps

If you need to simulate a different location for testing or other purposes, some third-party apps can spoof your location. You can also read this article to see how to chane location on Find My iPhone.

Change Location in Find My App (Different Device)

To switch the device whose location is being shared in the Find My app:

1. Open Find My App: Open the Find My app on the device you want to share from.
  2. Tap on Me: Select the Me tab at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Change Device: Scroll down and tap Use This [Device] as My Location.

By following these methods, you can manage and change the location settings on Find My iPhone to suit your needs.

Mar 20, 2024 11:27 PM in response to cckdmoris

I've heen using AnyTo tool all the time. Changing my location was almost instantaneous. I was amazed to see my iPhone’s location update to the other side of the world in just seconds. Apps that use location services were fooled without a hitch, opening up a whole new world of content and features previously locked to specific regions.

Check this review: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/anyto-review-the-ultimate-gps-location-faker.html

Mar 4, 2024 1:03 AM in response to cckdmoris

You can turn Location Services on or off at Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services. You can turn Location Services on either during the Setup Assistant process or later through the Location Services setting. You can control which apps and system services have access to Location Services data individually.

About privacy and Location Services on iOS, iPadOS and ...

Mar 4, 2024 1:06 AM in response to cckdmoris

In the Find My app, tap Me at the bottom of the screen, then turn on Share My Location. The device sharing your location appears next to From. · If your iPhone ...

Share your location in Find My on iPhone

Share and update your location automatically · Tap the Apps button , tap Location, then tap Send. · Tap the name of the person you want to share your location ...

Share your location in Messages on iPhone

To share your location, you must have Location Services turned on in Settings > Privacy & Security. See Control the location information you share on iPhone.

Share locations with family members and locate their lost ...

Mar 11, 2024 2:01 AM in response to cckdmoris

Changing the location that appears for your device in Find My iPhone is not directly possible through the app itself since it uses the device's GPS and network data to display its real-time location. However, there are a few scenarios where you might want to alter your device's perceived location, such as for privacy reasons or when testing location-based apps.

The simplest way to show a different location in Find My iPhone is by signing in with your Apple ID on another device located in the desired area. This, however, can only be a temporary solution and might not suit everyone's needs.

In addition, there are third-party apps and tools designed to change your GPS location. These tools often require you to connect your iPhone to a computer to enable the spoofing functionality.

Mar 4, 2024 5:08 AM in response to cckdmoris

I am providing you the steps below to change the location settings for Find My iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.

2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.

3. Scroll down and tap on "Find My".

4. Tap on "Find My iPhone".

5. Toggle off the "Enable Offline Finding" option if you wish to prevent your iPhone from broadcasting its location via Bluetooth when it's offline.

6. To change the location setting, tap on "Share My Location" and select the desired option.

7. If you want to hide your location from specific people, go back to the "Find My" screen, tap on "Share My Location", and add or remove contacts as needed.

Mar 13, 2024 12:43 AM in response to cckdmoris

The Find My iPhone application is an invaluable tool for iPhone owners that offers significant benefits when you need a break. Ideal for both a digital escape and safeguarding your iPhone should it go missing or be taken, it's a must-use feature for every iPhone user. Leveraging the Find My iPhone feature can help prevent the loss of your device. Despite its advantages, the application often frustrates users due to its ability to share their whereabouts with others.

To change location on Find My iPhone, you can use a VPN service to do that. VPNs can make it appear as though your internet connection is coming from a different location, which can be useful for accessing region-restricted content, enhancing privacy, or for other purposes.

First, select a reliable VPN provider. Look for one with strong security features, a no-logs policy, and servers in the location you wish to appear from.

Once you've chosen a VPN, go to the App Store on your iPhone. Search for the VPN by name, then download and install the app.

Open the VPN app after installing it. You may need to create an account or sign in. Follow the setup instructions provided by the app, which may include allowing certain permissions.

Inside the VPN app, you'll find a list of available servers in different locations. Select a server in the location you wish to appear from and connect to it. The VPN will then establish a secure connection, and your internet traffic will be routed through the server in your chosen location.

Note: While a VPN can change your IP address, it doesn't change the GPS location of your device. Some apps and services use GPS or other methods to determine your location, and a VPN will not affect these. For location-sensitive applications or services, you might need to explore additional solutions that specifically address GPS location.

How to change location on Find My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.