PSD Image animation on Motion Template

I am on Macbook Pro 2020. I did edited PSD Image from Envato to turn around. in Motion. Saved to FCP with Properties published. It works well on Generator. When moved to timeline does not move at all. How can I fix it. I just started learning Motion by following Youtube videos. Can some help me from star to end how to edit and use the template on FCP. When saved as a movie it works. I am confused. Is this a good progrm to make video animation. Please advise.

Laurie

MacBook Pro 16″, 14.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2024 12:46 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 4, 2024 2:06 AM in response to lauriedharma

Can you post some screenshots of what you see in Motion, and in FCP?

Can you tell us more about what kind of animation you are doing?

Are you importing a multi-layered psd file and editing the layers separately?

What do you mean by "It works well in Generator"?

I take it that you are creating this as a generator in Motion, it plays well inside Motion, and when exported from Motion as a Quicktime Movie.

And, if you want us to have a look in more detail, you could send the actual project to yourself using wetransfer, and post the link here (it will be deleted, but we'd still get it in the mail notification).

Mar 4, 2024 1:54 PM in response to lauriedharma

Chances are, you tried to publish parameters that you already had keyframed in Motion... that just doesn't work. You either have to publish unkeyframed parameters that you *intend* to keyframe in Final Cut or you have to work around the keyframing by using other parameters you can link to the keyframed parameters via Link Behaviors and Add to Source for the Apply Mode.

Motion can be an outstanding app for making video animations!

Mar 4, 2024 5:58 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Luis for your prompt reply. I have updated Final Cut Pro to latest version 10.7.1 and redid the Logo again on Motion and saved. Now it works very well. May the old version may have been the cause. I have just started to learn Motion. Can you please suggest some Youtube videos that will help me to learn faster to create slide shows for educational purpose.

Appreciate your kind reply.

Regards

Laurie

Mar 5, 2024 1:12 AM in response to lauriedharma

I can see no reason to move thr Motion application itself away from the Applications folder.

If you edit a standalone Motion Project, you can save that in an external drive, no problem.

If you edit templates for use in FCP, then they are automatically saved in the right place for FCP to find them.

These are usually small, anyway. If you are pressed for disk space, it is better to store your FCP media files in an external. You can get an inexpensive external SSD now.

Mar 6, 2024 11:34 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks, Luis. Since I am new to Motion, I would like you to show me how to edit a slideshow in Motion. YouTube tutorial will be ideal. Do you have any or can you suggest someone else who can show me in detail how to edit the slide with lots motions on it? Envato website have many but it very expensive subscription. Appreciate it if you could help me with simple to more complicated slide shows tutorials.

Mar 7, 2024 12:47 AM in response to lauriedharma

I am not aware of a tutorial specifically about this. And I never made a slideshow in Motion. In fact, though one certainly could make a slide show in Motion, I don’t think it is the best tool for the job.

For an easy and great looking slideshow, I’d start with Photos. It does not offer you a lot of freedom but that can be a good thing. The results look great with basically zero effort. If you outgrow that, and don’t have a more specific tool like Photo Magico, then you can try using iMovie or Final Cut Pro.

PSD Image animation on Motion Template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.