Solution for No annotations found on Kindle app on ipad Air 2 and iPad Pro

There was a problem when annotations and highlights made on Kindle app on one device did not sync properly to different devices.

In my case, I used Kindle app on PC to read a book I needed for exam and I made lot of annotations. When opened Kindle app on iPad, these annotations were missing from the book. Note: at the same time, everything was fine with Kindle app on iPhone and another PC (all my markings/highlights were there), but annotations did not sync with iPad (two different models of iPad, both had the same problem).

I searched web for solution, tried to remove Kindle App from both iPads and reinstall it, deregister App but none of these actions fixed the problem.

What helped in my case - I opened the book I was using on Kindle on iPad (annotations were missing), and I made a single highlight to this book (does not matter where, I highlighted 'Copyright'). After couple seconds this highlight was synced across all devices (Kindle on PCs, iPhone and second iPad) BUT most importantly, all annotations and highlights that were previously made on Kindle on PC were now also available on Kindle on both iPads, so book was properly synchronized across all devices with all annotations (as it should be).

This is more band-aid than solution, but it worked in my case.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 4, 2024 5:59 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 15, 2024 10:40 PM in response to Studeni

TLDR: Looks like only the 1st downloaded book on iPad doesn’t show the annotations. Downloading a different book first, and then downloading the book that you care about allows the annotations to sync correctly.

Detailed: I had similar issue. The original suggestion didn’t work for me. I chanced upon a different solution. I have many books in my kindle account. I had downloaded only 1 book on my new iPad device (I generally use the kindle app on my Android phone and Kindle device). My in-progress book that I downloaded to iPad wasn’t showing the annotations that I had done on my Android phone. Then I downloaded a 2nd book on my iPad device, and I noticed that for the 2nd book the annotations were showing correctly. I started wondering that if the annotations don’t sync only for the 1st book. I uninstalled the app on iPad, re-installed, downloaded a random book on my iPad that I have already finished - hence I don’t care about its annotations, then I downloaded the actual in-progress book. And voila, the annotations showed up correctly.

Solution for No annotations found on Kindle app on ipad Air 2 and iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.