Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I am unable to boot my MacBook Pro into recovery

Running Big Sur 11.7.10 on MBP i7

Suddenly I can't boot into Recovery. All worked well and I think that it stopped after the last update of Safari but I am not sure because I don't use Recovery often.

Cmd+R gives only a black screen and all other key combinations are booting me into internet recovery.

I have reïnstalled macOS two times now and the last time it was a clean install.

The recovery volume exists and is healthy. Tried it with Disk Utility and Terminal.

But still I can't boot into Recovery. Has anyone a similar issue and maybe a solution for it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Mar 4, 2024 7:02 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 2, 2024 9:21 AM in response to Lance.scs

When you performed the clean install, did you erase the whole physical drive? If not, then try doing that since all operating systems sharing an APFS Container will utilize the same Recovery volume.

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

After a clean install, did you test Recovery Mode (Command + R) before installing any third party apps, and before restoring from a backup, and before signing into your AppleID or iCloud? If not, then perhaps that is the problem.

I am unable to boot my MacBook Pro into recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.