Turn off stolen phone protection. My phone is fine and hasn’t been stolen. I just want that option off.

I don’t really understand all this tech stuff and just want to keep things simple.

Posted on Mar 4, 2024 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2024 1:27 PM

I've tried turning it off several times and it asks me to wait another hour each time. I sure wish I'd never turned it on. I can't make any changes to my account settings. The Apple support page you referenced is no help, but thanks. This is about the lamest "new feature" I've ever seen from Apple, when it essentially locks me out of my own phone settings.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2024 1:27 PM in response to FelipeV

I've tried turning it off several times and it asks me to wait another hour each time. I sure wish I'd never turned it on. I can't make any changes to my account settings. The Apple support page you referenced is no help, but thanks. This is about the lamest "new feature" I've ever seen from Apple, when it essentially locks me out of my own phone settings.

May 24, 2024 7:06 AM in response to FelipeV

Thank you great question. Same issue. Need to turn “Stolen Device Detection” OFF. Several times iPhone 12 in pocket while walking into store, certain buttons accidentally hit then phone goes into security mode locking me out 20-60 minutes bc “stolen device detection”- activated. Therefore can’t access Apple Pay to pay for items no choice but to wait..very frustrating:(

*tried clicking link above, not responding. Ty

Turn off stolen phone protection. My phone is fine and hasn’t been stolen. I just want that option off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.