You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji button not working on Mac keyboard

When I press the fn/globe key on my laptop, the emoji selection menu blinks on screen but then disappears, and any more pressing of the key doesn't bring it back. I've tried changing the settings in the Mac Keyboard menu, and have also tried resetting my laptop. It happens everywhere you can type, from internet to iMessage to even the Spotlight search. I can't figure out how to fix it.

Posted on Mar 5, 2024 1:10 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2024 5:11 PM in response to AGSaplings

AGSaplings wrote:

When I press the fn/globe key on my laptop, the emoji selection menu blinks on screen but then disappears, and any more pressing of the key doesn't bring it back. I've tried changing the settings in the Mac Keyboard menu, and have also tried resetting my laptop. It happens everywhere you can type, from internet to iMessage to even the Spotlight search. I can't figure out how to fix it.

Always helps to say what exact Mac , what exact macOS...

Old issue, new issue, what changed ?

I trust you have shut down and restarted the Mac as a first attempt...

emoji issue—

You can try from Activity Monitor>Force Quit the "EmojiFunctionRowIM" process

Then retry tap on the emoji icon on TouchBar to start again and compare your results.

ref: Activity Monitor User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Emoji button not working on Mac keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.