What is the app “on my iPhone” ???

So I go into settings…

tap on general

thenntap iPhone storage

and scroll all thru my apps making sure there’s nothing I don’t recognize.

then I see ON MY IPHONE almost at the very bottom of all my apps.

then when I open it it doesn’t give me the option to clear out and delete all user data. I took screen shots. Here’s what I gor

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 5:24 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2024 5:37 AM in response to brenten81

Developers might use internal code names or identifiers for their apps during development, and these names might inadvertently appear in the storage settings.

1. Internal App Identifiers: Sometimes, instead of the app's regular name, you'll see a jumble of letters and numbers. These are actually internal identifiers assigned by the developer during the app's creation process. Normally, the app's familiar name replaces this code when it downloads. However, in some cases (like with iCloud backups), the identifier might be the only thing that gets stored.
  2. Safari Web Apps: If you've ever saved a webpage as a home screen shortcut, it can sometimes show up as a strangely named app in storage. This is because these shortcuts aren't technically true apps, and their names might not be stored conventionally.

Remove any app that was recently installed.

What is the app “on my iPhone” ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.