Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iCloud email keeps removing my email from the Mac Mail account settings page!

Hi! For as long as I can remember, on my MacBook Pro (2017) 13.6.4 (22G513) in Mac Mail in my iCloud email only (Google/Exchange/AOL/Yahoo are fine - yes I have a lot of email addresses!), the account stays but my email addresses in the Account Information section of the Mail Setting just disappear and I have to add them back in, otherwise I cannot send from them (screenshot attached). Sometimes it's after a few hours, sometimes a few weeks.

This has always been a nuisance, but since I added a custom domain email to iCloud that I use for work it's become completely aggravating--mainly because it will default my work reply emails to one of my personal emails without asking me :-/

Why does the system delete my iCloud email addresses like this? The account is active and online. Over the years, I've tried deleting and adding the iCloud account and numerous other things. Hoping there is a simple fix. It seems completely silly that my iCloud email is the one that is misbehaving in Mac Mail 😂

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 4:04 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 22, 2024 10:38 AM in response to MissSuperYellow

UPDATE: I spent quite a while with Apple tech support on chat and they felt it was probably because of my Nord VPN… according to them, even if I don’t have the vpn connected the software causes this to happen. It really doesn’t make sense to me, since I have the vpn on my iPhone and that doesn’t lose my email addresses! If it is that, it’s something Apple needs to fix on their end because VPNs are an essential part of many work and non-work environments.

Apr 22, 2024 1:44 PM in response to MissSuperYellow

Same basic problem, but don’t have VPN or Private Relay or any other exotic accessories. For me, the disappearing email settings started a couple weeks ago on both the MacBook Pro (M1 Max 2021) and iMac (Intel chips), just as I was about to finally upgrade from Ventura. Additionally, however, on the Composing page of the Mail Settings, there are Gmail addresses for the iCloud account that do not belong there at all. (There is a separate email account that is not afflicted, as far as I can tell. Both machines are experiencing the same phenomenon, but on the MacBook, I lose the freshly re-entered email addresses every time I quit the app. (Oh yes, even when re-entered, they do not necessarily also become available on the Composing page.) The upgrade is on hold.

Anyone have any new clues as to the problem?

iCloud email keeps removing my email from the Mac Mail account settings page!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.