Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Sonoma 14.4 - serious iLok issues !

There are several reports that indicate an update to Sonoma 14.4 might break functionality with iLok authorized plugins. Be careful, wait until there is a fix released. And remember, always de-activate "turn on Download new updates when available" and de-activate "install application updates from the App Store automatically" here:

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

More info:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/topic/153978-sonoma-144-warning/

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/topic/150906-macos-sonoma-is-out-please-report-any-plug-in-incompatibilities/?do=findComment&comment=898266

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 8, 2024 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2024 3:30 AM

For all those who have unfortunately already installed the update, there might be the possibility to continue working in Rosetta mode.

16 replies

Mar 13, 2024 4:33 AM in response to ariRah

And the worst is - they don't even give you an easy possibility to upgrade to 14.3.x anymore, because just days ago i finally could update to 14.3 (because of ProTools) but no - i am now stuck with 13.5.

Apple - please - i had this so often - please give pros the opportunity to make easy upgrades to whatever they need!

PLEASE!!!

I understand that downgrades are too difficult - but there is no real reason why i cannot upgrade from 13.5 to any 14.x quite easily. All we would need is the link to several installers. It is like treating us like children.

Apr 2, 2024 7:28 AM in response to yoyoBen

Hi, after Sonoma 14.4.1 came out several companies said its works fine now - so first i tried it with a M2 MacBookPro - worked fine without any problems. Then i did the update with a MacStudio M2 and it works perfectly there as well.

I am running the latest versions of LogicX and ProTools with lots of PlugIns mainly VSL, iZotope, Sine-Player, NI, Arturia... no problems whatsoever.

Sonoma 14.4 - serious iLok issues !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.