Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to fix blurred videos on LinkedIn

When I am trying to see a video on LinkedIn the video is blurred. Before I hit the play button the picture is clear but once I click on the play button, the video becomes blurred but you can hear the audio. My OS is Monterey Ver 12.7.3. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 9, 2024 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 4:39 AM

I have the same problem. Tried everything to figure it out, with no luck. Did you solve it? Thanks!

Similar questions

29 replies

Mar 10, 2024 4:04 PM in response to Emina79

Ok, here is what I did to get me up and running on LinkedIn. I downloaded Google Chrome and use this browser for LinkedIn only. It works fine. I spoke with my brother is a computer geek and suggested that I do this until LinkedIn can fix this. Just curious what version of OS are you using?

Apr 12, 2024 4:59 AM in response to ELUN

I have received the following from LinkedIN:

Thanks for contacting us about this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have confirmed the issue and have escalated it to our Technical Escalations and Engineering teams for investigation. At this time, there's no estimate as to how long it might take to resolve. We'll do our best to provide progress updates as they become available. For near real-time information about the availability of LinkedIn's products and services, please visit: http://www.linkedin-status.com

In the meantime, I'll gladly help if you have any other questions.

Mar 14, 2024 4:57 AM in response to ELUN

I just updated Monterey to 12.7.4 on a MacBook Air 2017, Safari's now up-to-date as well 17.4 and still this problem is not gone. If I use DuckDuckGo to watch YouTube videos, it plays as per usual, any other site seems to be doing this video thing right EXCEPT Linkedin. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's Linkedin who wants to push people to use a browser other than Safari. I see this a lot in other apps/websites.

However ... Logging in on Linkedin on Safari on iPhone (7 Plus) it shows normally.

Why?!?

Apr 10, 2024 10:51 AM in response to 42-

Can you post the version of your macOS and Safari, please? I was thinking it would only be a “Monterey” thing. So apparently not the case, is it?

Secondly, if all Mac users with an up-to-date macOS and Safari would experience this annoyance too, this post should have been flooded, wouldn’t you agree?

[Edited by Moderator]

Apr 25, 2024 10:41 AM in response to ELUN

I have two Macs, one older and running Big Sur 11.7.10. I have blurred videos on LinkedIn on Safari (16.6.1)

The other one is running on Sonoma 14.4.1. LinkedIn videos run fine on Safari (17.4.1)

The problem is the aging OS & Safari. I don't think it is fixable unless you get a newer Mac or switch to another browser like Chrome on the older Mac.

Apr 11, 2024 6:53 AM in response to ELUN

Same issue with me. Seems to be if you are still using Mac OS Monterey 12.7.4 with Safari 7.4.1 then Linkedin videos do not show a picture, only sound

I spent 2 weeks trying to work with Linkedin support, got past first desk and sent screen recordings of the issue. The last reply is shown below - basically 'we don't know'. I've moved over to Duck Duck Go which works fine - no point wasting any more time trying to make this work

Linkedin final reply from tech support...

Thanks for your response.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have confirmed the issue and have escalated it to our Technical Escalations and Engineering teams for investigation. At this time, there's no estimate as to how long it might take to resolve. We'll do our best to provide progress updates as they become available. For near real-time information about the availability of LinkedIn's products and services, please visit: http://www.linkedin-status.com

In the meantime, I'll gladly help if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Riya

Apr 16, 2024 12:09 AM in response to ELUN

For a few months now, all video images on LinkedIn have blurred. Only on Safari (mac Monterey version 12.7.4). The LinkedIn tech team - after several back and forth emails - said it is Apple that is at fault. Not sure, but as the app works on all other devices bar my iMac, maybe it is an Apple problem. Did Monterey come along a few months ago too? Can't recall.

Is there anyone watching these threads from Apple that can venture a suggestion? Beyond saying it's LinkedIn's fault - placing all with error in a loop.

Unable to fix blurred videos on LinkedIn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.