You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does AMC not get subtitles on my AppleTV box, but it does on all other stations. Siri says it can’t find the languages. I can get the subtitles on my iPad just not on the TV.

I just purchased an Apple TV box. It has been set up to get subtitles and my language English. It gets subtitles on every channel except AMC+. When ask Siri she replies she can’t find the languages. Don’t think it needs a clearing of the cache since that channel has only been used twice. I can get the closed captions on my iPad. What is the problem.

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 10:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 10:07 AM

This is completely dependent on AMC+’s app for the Apple TV. You’ll need to contact AMC+ customer support.

4 replies

Aug 26, 2024 11:19 PM in response to starbreiz

Closed captions cannot be enabled as instructed in the current version of the AMC+ app on Apple TV. I understand that there are many moving targets in the world of development for communication technology in the modern era, but users who fall outside the largest demographic membership groups are faced with more challenges than could possibly be considered acceptable. I have resorted to using a lot of run-on sentences in order to emphasize my frustration.

Aug 27, 2024 3:16 PM in response to starbreiz

There may be a workaround, but it's so contrived, that it may be useless. I subscribed to the trial version of AMC+. It may be because I'm in the trial period, but in any case, I can currently use my trial period to view AMC+ content using the Prime Video app for Apple TV. In other words, I can select and play some titles in the Prime Video app which are listed for the AMC+ trial. That gives me access not only to subtitles (CC, Closed Captions) for content listed under AMC+, but also to 5.1 audio (surround sound) which also appears to be unavailable using the AMC+ app. I don't know whether that availability will continue after the AMC+ trial period ends (and I will probably never know, because unless these egregious inadequacies are fixed, I will unsubscribe from AMC+ before the end of the trial period).

Why does AMC not get subtitles on my AppleTV box, but it does on all other stations. Siri says it can’t find the languages. I can get the subtitles on my iPad just not on the TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.