Pixels or something showing on Mac mini

My older Mac mini is showing some pixels on screen. It was good around a year ago but now it's not. There are no pixels on startup screen. I tried to change wallpaper and resolution but it didn't work. Btw, I added more RAM some time ago but I think that didn't do anything. Please write if you know anything about this. Thank you.

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 12:58 PM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2024 5:15 PM in response to PetarCapan

Hi, PetarCapan, you’re not gonna want to hear this, but you might have a failing video/graphics card… you’re going to want to run Apple Diagnostics to verify that… on an Intel Mac, restart and hold down the “D” key on your keyboard and Apple diagnostics should come up and test each general part of your Mac Mini, giving it either a “pass” or “fail” grade…for a Mac with Apple Silicon built in… see this link ( it also includes the intel mac instructions)

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

if it is failing, then your only option would be to backup your Mac, make an appointment with either your local AASP ( apple authorized service provider) or Mac store with Genius Bar, and take it in for service

john B

Pixels or something showing on Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.