Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

mac studio shuts down on boot up

My M1 Max studio shuts down when trying to boot it up. After pressing the power button the white light comes on for about a second and the fans kicking then it just shuts down. Taken it to an Apple Genius Bar and they got it to work and factory reset it but after getting it home the second time I have come to turn it on and it’s doing the same thing. Pressing and holding the power button does not help. Has anyone come up against this before and have a solution please??

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 4:18 PM

13 replies

Mar 11, 2024 11:28 AM in response to den.thed

I have just removed the outlet faceplate and checked and all the wiring seems good. I have checked the power cable in the back of the Mac too and all seems tight with no movement…. On the very odd occasion it does boot up the studio works perfect and runs apps, email safari all those kinds of things so I don’t know if it’s hardware or software to be honest

Mar 28, 2024 3:28 AM in response to Rodney_1

I've started experiencing this same issue. For a week it would just happen once after pressing the power button, then the second time it would start up just fine, leading me to question if I had turned it on the first time. This morning I turned it on 5 times with it shutting down immediately after the chime. I unplugged all my peripherals one at a time and once I unplugged the HDMI cable of my monitor it stayed on.

mac studio shuts down on boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.