Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

CarPlay throwing error after iOS 17.4 update on iPhone

Dear all,

My wireless carplay on Pioneer 9150bt got this error after upgrading to iOS 17.4.

Anyone here got the same problem, please share with me the way to fix it.

Thanks a lot!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 11, 2024 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2024 11:04 AM

The problem is only with the volume, it doesn't work. After updating to 17.4

This in all 3 of our cars, we have a Pioneer in a mitsubishi (wireless) and 2 BMW (wireless), all cars, with the same problem. I have the same error code as yours.

16 replies

Mar 29, 2024 2:52 PM in response to GuiBarandas

Hello. I have this problem too and there is also a Reddit thread about it. Pioneer AVH-W4500nex; wireless connection. iOS 17.4 And 17.4.1.

I have contacted service (by phone) and spoke with a Sr. Advisor. Long story short, after some diagnostic data sent to Apple, the engineers are looking into it. Seems to be a pioneer -> apple issue. No solutions found yet.

As a bandaid solution, use control center to turn off wifi to sever the connection, wait a moment and re-enable the wifi. It may take 2 or 3 tries but the volume control will work again. This will need to happen every time the error happens.

According to Pioneer site, no firmware updates available (and seem to be none since about 2019 for most head units). hopefully an incremental update to iOS will fix.

Apr 21, 2024 9:09 AM in response to Hicmeister

So. Hopefully this one won’t get removed or edited by not me.

I have had several conversations and troubleshooting with an Apple Sr Advisor. They were awesome and spent a good amount of time working with me. My last contact on this issue was the other day.

Here is my takeaway from that conversation: The fix should be coming in the a coming iOS update. They have confirmation that it works. So I guess we need to be patient and wait for the update to drop.

Mar 13, 2024 8:45 PM in response to Ruthnachinga

Hi!

Sorry what do you mean.

I think you might missunderstood.

My car head unit (HU) which is Pioneer AVH-9150bt with Firmware 1.02 can connect to my iPhone through wireless (Apple carplay)

And recently, problem is I cannot play music, next, prev, volume when using carplay while radio on the head unit is no problem.

And, when I use a lighting cable to connect iphone- HU, everthing is fine.

This happened after I upgraded my iphone to iOS 17.4.

That's why I think there's something wrong with wireless/ bluetooth on Iphone or on the HU.

I tried serveral times to reset the HU, clear Bluetooth memory on iphone and HU, but still cannot fix.

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks

Apr 19, 2024 6:18 AM in response to Hicmeister

It is definitely an apple iOS update issue. Apple needs to figure out the problem! It did not happen until the 17.4.1 update occurred in my system. It is only the volume control issue and if I turn it on and off multiple times via Bluetooth and or Wi-Fi connection, it will sometimes fix the issue and other times it does not. It is definitely an apple issue and Apple needs to fix it because the previous iOS programs didn't have this problem

Apr 22, 2024 2:38 PM in response to Brunohmedeiros

I have the same issue with an iPhone 15 pro max, iOS 17.4.1 and a pioneer avh-w4400nex. Worked flawlessly for years but volume not working now in CarPlay since 17.4 update. If I take the faceplate off and put back on it’s fine but that’s annoying as heck. Volume on the pioneer was works fine if I’m not in CarPlay. Come on Apple, fix this!

CarPlay throwing error after iOS 17.4 update on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.