Can't undo or delete in motion?

While using standalone Motion (not through Final Cut) I am unable to undo any action or edit, and I am also unable to delete anything from the timeline or inspector section. No idea how thats possible nor why this is even an option. Nothing is locked and I have the ability to right click and hit delete, although it doesn't do anything. I am new to Motion and this is my first time using it, although I have used Final Cut extensively.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 3:07 PM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2024 2:10 PM in response to Epfoo

I'm sorry — I didn't mean to leave you hanging...

Usually, somebody else with more experience with this type of problem usually chimes in and suggests either 1) restart Motion holding down the Command and Option keys to Delete Preferences, or 2) move Apple Motion to the Trash and reinstall it from the App Store...

For me, personally, neither 1 or 2 have ever made a difference to my prior situations so I would rather prefer if somebody with more experience with these situations help you out. I'm a little out of my depth with this kind of problem.

Let us know if you still need assistance and please be patient!

Can't undo or delete in motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.