Fast forwarding slow down to normal

Is there anyway ‘natively’, [I know there are plenty of third-party apps to do this] to edit a time-lapse video to normal?

Slow-Mo has the capacity to do it. I know they’re two different things and the differing frame rates and all that so I’m just asking doesn’t have to be perfect just not as fast as it is in time lapse.

Oh yeah,

If one edits a Slo-Mo video to normal, what happens to the frame rate During playback? Does it a remove frames?

It’s too bad you have no frame rate flexibility to the SM recording. In post production one would speed it up or slow it down, within the camera app.

Posted on Mar 13, 2024 8:10 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 25, 2024 5:22 AM in response to Occum's Razor

First, if I need slow motion footage, I shoot it at 60fps then drop it into a 24fps project in Final Cut Pro.

The slo-mo on an iPhone I find not the best quality, but speeding it up should not be an issue. Just change its Timing in Motion to about 900%. Will it remove frames for speeded up playback? Obviously, it physically has to, but it doesn't alter the original video file, only what's in the project timeline.

As for time lapse, the native Apple Camera app is very limited, but is just a video file, just like Slo Mo. The difference is you want to slow it down. This will cause an app to create fake frames to fill in the spaces as the original frames are spread out. FCPX can make this a bit better using Optical Flow, but that's very limited and has its own quirks.

Use third party camera apps that do these things specifically for more control.

If you want to speed up video, just shoot 60fps and place in FCPX in a 24fps timeline. Then from the Retiming menu, select Automatic Speed. You get all the native frames, nothing added, nothing removed, with about a 40% slow motion effect. This is called in-camera slow motion.

Fast forwarding slow down to normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.