Emails being sent to private relay not being received

I signed up with expedia using the private relay email & reserved accomodations. Now a 3rd party is to email me with instructions but it's going to the private relay email & not being passed along to my regular email. Expedia is unable to change my email account as it asks for a confirmation number being sent to that private relay email, which of course I am not receiving either.

Is there any way that you're able to check the private relay email or add the third party to be able to send to that email?

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 13, 2024 1:02 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 19, 2024 3:30 AM in response to aeiou644

Dear,

I have same issue with Expedia. I need to sign in again but can't find anywhere the details. After speaking with Expedia support I received the email used to create the account. When I reset now I do not receive any mails on the private Relay address.

How can i check if that mail address is sending info to me?

Can we relink an address to be send to my mail account?

Apr 25, 2024 2:08 PM in response to rattus32

"Why is no one answering this?"

Because these forums are not Apple Support and Apple does not monitor these forums except for administrative purposes. We all here are just fellow users like yourself trying to help one another. If no one knows the answer to your questions then you’ll get no response.

So have you read the similar questions posted below the first post here?

Learn more about Hide My Email and iCloud+ - Apple Support

Apr 25, 2024 2:03 PM in response to garryfromlumberton

I also have emails being sent to the private relay email address I used (under Hide my Email) to subscribe to a paid service. Now I cannot access those emails under the "real" email address to which it's linked, nor can I access a mail server account that would recognize/translate the PR address. I suspect it's going into some black hole - but where? Why is no one answering this? Every question in this vein just... dies.

Apr 25, 2024 2:26 PM in response to aeiou644

Edit: Just got this 100% correct, but entirely useless response: "Because these forums are not Apple Support and Apple does not monitor these forums except for administrative purposes. We all here are just fellow users like yourself trying to help one another. If no one knows the answer to your questions then you’ll get no response.

So have you read the similar questions posted below the first post here?"

Yes, FFS, I have. I did not consider this worthy of escalation - but I get the feeling that this is in an "ignore zone" in the Q&A here, nor is it answered in the official support fora.

Apr 25, 2024 3:21 PM in response to lkrupp

Not intending to be insulting or dismissive. It *is*, however, a simple question that never seems to get answered - 1) I have a private relay address I've used to subscribe to a service (NYT, if you need to know). I get billed on a regular basis, so I know at least *that* part works seamlessly ;-) 2) I get responses from them, to that PR address. 3) I don't have a way to access this correspondence. It is not forwarded to the Apple ID email address I have and had when I created that private relay link.

So how do I access it? Not helped via any of the linked resources.

Apr 26, 2024 10:50 AM in response to rattus32

Not intending to be insulting or dismissive. It *is*, however, a simple question that never seems to get answered - 1) I have a private relay address I've used to subscribe to a service (NYT, if you need to know). I get billed on a regular basis, so I know at least *that* part works seamlessly ;-) 2) I get responses from them, to that PR address. 3) I don't have a way to access this correspondence. It is not forwarded to the Apple ID email address I have and had when I created that private relay link.

So how do I access it? Not helped via any of the linked resources.

Emails being sent to private relay not being received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.