refund iphone 7

Im plannig to chance my iphone 11 to 15 can I also ask for a refund for the apple 7 that I own and I have in my power? I found a news that there is a legal resolution for apple to pay a refund for iphone 7 users.

Posted on Mar 13, 2024 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2024 5:49 PM

Contact the California court system and ask them, it's their website.

13 replies

May 27, 2024 1:35 PM in response to chymese

chymese wrote:

Anyone that owned an iPhone 7 or 7 plus is entitled to the settlement issuing between $50-$350. We just need to know where to file the claim by June 3rd.

If you are not a United States resident, you are not entitled to a payout from this settlement.

If your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus did not experience certain issues, you are not entitled to a payout. According to the FAQ, the covered issues are those one reflected in Apple's records as "Sound-Speaker, Sound-Microphone, Sound – Receiver, Unexpected Restart / Shutdown, or Power On – Device Unresponsive (“Covered Issues”)." The settlement is for those who complained to Apple that their phones suffered these issues – or who paid for repairs or replacements as a result of experiencing these problems.

It is not for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus owners whose phones worked as expected. No payout just because you owned a working iPhone 7 or 7 Plus.

Also from the FAQ: "If you are still not sure whether you are included in the Settlement Class, you can call toll-free 1-833-633-0343, or write to the Tabak v. Apple Class Action Administrator, 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210, Philadelphia, PA 19103, for more information."

Mar 13, 2024 3:27 PM in response to mmongemo

Apple isn't giving out carte blanch refunds for iPhone 7's, the are issuing settlements for iPhone 7's with audio issues.

https://www.macrumors.com/2024/01/21/iphone-7-apple-settlement/#:~:text=iPhone%207%20Users%20in%20U.S.%20Could%20Receive%20Up%20to%20%24349%20Payment%20From%20Apple,-Sunday%20January%2021&text=Apple%20last%20year%20agreed%20to,notifying%20eligible%20customers%20by%20email

Those who did not receive a notice, but believe they are eligible to submit a claim, are instructed to email info@smartphoneaudiosettlement.com.

May 30, 2024 4:08 PM in response to Kurtosis12

That link keeps saying error when you click on it to select payment method. There is no way to select a payment method. Every option says error. I’ve tried to enter the website several different ways. That link is not accurate or it’s not working. Is there another way to access the settlement to add a payment to receive the payment for the settlement ?

refund iphone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.