Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Preview image thumbnails not displaying correctly

In finder, the folder for Apple Music Album Artwork used to show images in list view and icon view. It's just been showing the default Preview app image for the past few updates. I've tried several suggestions from other users, but I can't seem to get the view back. Does anyone have any new suggestions? Thanks.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 14, 2024 1:35 PM

2 replies

May 9, 2024 11:46 AM in response to TFP_24

Thanks, and sorry for the slow reply. I've tried those suggestions many times, but it never worked. The more I look at this, the more realize I'm not alone. Maybe it will be addressed in a future update.

Funny thing is that if I put the contents of the folder in a new folder on the Desktop or Trash, the images display correctly. As soon as I put them back in the original folder, I lose the icon views. I was thinking maybe it was a folder permission issue, but all folders seem to have the same permissions.

... to be continued?

Preview image thumbnails not displaying correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.