How do I turn off burst mode on my iPhone 15?

i have a 15 and it’s super annoying to the burst photos whenever the timer is set. How the heck do I turn this off . I’ve tried switching the up volume for burst off… didn’t work. Tried turn on flash didn’t work … tried turning off flash … still didn’t work. It’s kind of annoying. Any help with this ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 10:43 AM

This reply is totally useless

7 replies

May 26, 2024 2:16 PM in response to keishanna49

"How to turn off burst mode". I'm using an iPhone 15 pro max. When using timer in 'photo' mode, it produces bursts of 3 and 10 photos in 3sec and 10sec modes respectively. Two ways to avoid the 'bursts'. 1. turn on 'live' mode - you can use 'photo' mode and timer and you won't get bursts. 2. Switch from 'photo' to 'portrait' - use timer, and no bursts!

Mar 15, 2024 4:55 AM in response to keishanna49

There isn't a direct way to disable burst mode in the iPhone's settings, but there is a workaround to avoid burst mode when using the timer on your iPhone 15:

Use Single Photo with Timer: By default, using the timer might trigger burst mode. You can take a single photo with the timer by following these steps:

• Open the Camera app.
  • Tap the timer icon (it looks like a clock) at the top of the screen.
  • Choose "3s" or "10s" depending on your desired delay for the shutter to release.

These workarounds should prevent burst mode from activating when you use the timer on your iPhone 15.

Apr 26, 2024 10:59 AM in response to Gsury

Gsury wrote:

This reply is totally useless

You may not like the answer, but it's a correct answer. This is a user to user only forum, and people here volunteer their time to try to help other users. Being rude was unnecessary.

There is NO setting to turn off Burst if you use the timer.

If you want to suggest to Apple they provide a Burst Off setting when using the timer, feel free to use this link to communicate with Apple --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

May 23, 2024 4:13 PM in response to crycresmed129

@ihate15pro

You can turn off live photo, in iphone settings scroll down to camera, then go to preserve settings, then go to live photos and turn this on. Then open the camera app and check the live icon at the top right, make sure it's turned off. Now close the app and open it again, you will now see that live photo is turned off. Just remember next time you use live photo that once you're done remember to click the icon again to turn it off or else it will be back on next time you open it. But maybe you already know all this? I agree it would be nice if it was off by default, or if it would turn off once the app was restarted, just like it does when you make changes to exposure and night mode.

How do I turn off burst mode on my iPhone 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.