Does Microsoft Desktop Office for Mac 2021 work with MBPro M1 Max chip & OS 14.4?

Does Microsoft Desktop Office for Mac 2021 (perpetual license not 365 subscription) work with MBPro M1 Max chip & OS 14.4? I've not seen anything that says it doesn't work, but it has been difficult to find a reputable seller of the perpetual license (already got defrauded once), and I want to know that I can make it work. I don't want to run Office under a virtual machine because that would mean leaving my machine open to new Windows viruses and malware.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Mar 18, 2024 7:21 AM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2024 7:43 AM in response to CA5nyd3r

You can get a perpetual license for Office 2021 for Mac Home and Business at StackSocial for around $34USD. That is what I did, and you should have an existing Microsoft account which you will need to sign into during the product purchase process so StackSocial can log your license info to your Microsoft account.

I originally installed Office 2021 for Mac on my 2021 16-in MacBook Pro M1 Pro running Big Sur. Then I traded in my M1 mini for a M2 Mac Mini Pro. Decided I wanted to use Office 2021 on the 32-in LG display of the M2 mini, so deinstalled Office 2021 for Mac on the laptop. On the M2 mini Pro, I signed into my Microsoft account and found the StackSocial entry that allowed me to perform a new installation of Office 2021 for Mac on my new Mac mini.

Does Microsoft Desktop Office for Mac 2021 work with MBPro M1 Max chip & OS 14.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.