iCloud account keeps getting locked

I only occasionally log into icloud.com via web browser -- usually I just use iCloud in the Mail app, Messages, etc.

Whenever I do log into icloud.com via browser, it always tells me that my account has been locked for security reasons, then it forces me to change my password.

This has happened again and again for a few months. I can't figure out what keeps triggering my account to be locked. Maybe there are just constant attempts to hack into my account. But... could something else be causing this?

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Mar 18, 2024 3:09 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2024 6:35 PM in response to Kenneth Simon

I am having the same problem. I use the account on the web from Windows+browser at least weekly, but it is signed on all the time on my apple devices. I do not log out, I have not requested to change password, I have 2FA etc all set up to be secure as possible. And yet out of the blue twice now I have gone to log onto icloud.com only to find my account is locked (yet there is no indication of this on my iPhone/iPad/AppleTV).

WHY!?

iCloud account keeps getting locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.