Using bought in the US IPhone 15 in Israel

I am not able to install eSIM from PARTNER 5G onto the iPhone 15 bought in USA. Anybody having the same problem? What is the solution?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 5:47 AM

9 replies

Mar 21, 2024 5:59 AM in response to ZachAnt

Using Apples guide for carriers that support eSIM internationally, I am not able to find any carriers listed in Israel.

Find wireless carriers and worldwide service providers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

Use eSIM while traveling internationally with your iPhone - Apple Support

It is also possible that your phone is locked to your carrier in the U.S. Check with your U.S. carrier to see if they have an International Plan that you could use with your phone.

Mar 21, 2024 6:23 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Re: “… Apple’s guide for carriers … “

FWIW, my own “Line 2” carrier (a Verizon network MVNO) isn’t on that list either; and they most definitely DO provision eSIMs.

I’d certainly not relish attempting to keep that beast of a list “current” … I always refer to it as “Apple’s non-authoritative, Best Effort listing

Mar 21, 2024 5:59 AM in response to ZachAnt

If this is a carrier lock as mentioned above, you’ll need to ask the carrier holding the lock to unlock it:

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

To check whether an iPhone is carrier locked, Settings > General > About > Carrier Lock. If that field shows as "No SIM Restrictions", then that iPhone is unlocked. Otherwise, that iPhone is carrier locked.

Any iPhone purchased in the US anywhere but directly from Apple will be carrier locked, and even a select few iPhone purchases directly from Apple will have carrier subsidies and will be carrier locked.

May 26, 2024 6:28 AM in response to ZachAnt

I have the same problem with my iphone 15 and Cellcom in Israel. Cellcom says it will not work with the US model of the phone. The sales clerk at the Apple store promised me that it would work. I would not have bought it if there was any doubt. I believed Apple, as a worldwide company, would honor the promise, but, sadly, they are requiring that I return the phone to the store when I am already overseas, which means a huge Fedex bill.

May 26, 2024 7:29 AM in response to Ken Taranto

Ken Taranto wrote:

I have the same problem with my iphone 15 and Cellcom in Israel. Cellcom says it will not work with the US model of the phone. The sales clerk at the Apple store promised me that it would work. I would not have bought it if there was any doubt. I believed Apple, as a worldwide company, would honor the promise, but, sadly, they are requiring that I return the phone to the store when I am already overseas, which means a huge Fedex bill.

Unless Apple is making an exception for you, Apple does not accept international shipment. Did they specifically tell you you could return the phone via Fedex? And Apple has a strict 14 day return window in the US for refund. If you can ship the phone to someone you know with the receipt, a friend can return the phone for you.

Using bought in the US IPhone 15 in Israel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.