missing posts to community

I have twice posted a query to the community (iPhone) with the most recent being yesterday and the earlier one several days prior. I have not received any acknowledgement of them or responses. When I look for my posts I cannot see them although posts from several months/years ago do show up.

my title description yesterday was " inconsistent indication of photos data" and was tagged to iPhone 11.

am i being erased? 🤔

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Mar 22, 2024 9:32 AM

5 replies

Mar 22, 2024 9:42 AM in response to peregrineguy

This one? --> inconsistent indication of photos data - Apple Community

Are you checking under your avatar at the top right > subscriptions ?

Note that unless there is some serious forum software bug (never heard of one doing this in 20 years of being here), posts only get removed accidentally (if you replied to a post that was itself removed - kind of a down-the-chain thing) or if they violate the Apple Support Communities Use Agreement - Apple Community

If they get removed for TOU violation you receive an email.

Mar 22, 2024 9:47 AM in response to Limnos

So this one obviously did get posted. AND while in the process I noticed that at first I got an alert with pink background saying in effect "this cannot be posted right now try again in a few moments" which i did. (Maybe it is possible that happened before but I had scrolled such that the message rolled off my screen? I will try again and check back.

Yes, I had done what you suggested .

Mar 22, 2024 1:22 PM in response to peregrineguy

I didn't bother checking your subscriptions. I went with a Google search. ;-)

If you make a duplicate post it is possible that it may be removed (I don't know if you get a notice about it) because one of us reports it as a duplicate. That avoids people duplicating effort and trying to keep track of updates to different threads.

Posts to the iPhone forum get many viewers so it may be nobody knew the answer to your question. Or it may have been better to have posted that one to the Photos forum since people there tend to know more about those. Again, please don't post the same question multiple times, or at least give it some time before posting to a different forum. This is a user community (Apple isn't here to answer questions) and we are all volunteers. If you had posted to one of the backwater forums then there may be a smaller number of people viewing posts in those and it can just get missed. Give posts a few days to get a reply.

missing posts to community

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.