homepod 1st Gen has lost all Bass sound, inexplicably. Is there a way to do a speaker diagnostic?

I have two HomePod 1st Gen. and I love them....that being said, one of them has stopped producing any bass sound. The other one works great.

i have a hard time believing that I have blown out the main bass speaker.

is there any way to diagnose the issue? A HomePod diagnostic app would be extremely useful.

HomePod, 17

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 12:30 AM

3 replies

May 19, 2024 12:45 PM in response to Technoligicalterror

The OG HomePod is long out of warranty and the cost of repair or replacement is about the same you would pay for a new one. The only thing you can try which is not guaranteed to work is to try these steps:

• Unplug HomePod for over 24 hrs
  • Plug back in - Wait at least 10 seconds
  1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait exactly 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait exactly 10 seconds, then touch and hold your finger to the top of HomePod.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

After you reset HomePod, you can set up HomePod again.

Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

homepod 1st Gen has lost all Bass sound, inexplicably. Is there a way to do a speaker diagnostic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.