Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HomePod suddenly has no bass

Hi guys. So I got a HomePod about a month ago. Last night, I sent my audiobook via airplay, as usual. Everything was fine. This morning, I went to send over some music, and my speaker suddenly had no bass. It's like the part of the speaker that creates bass sound just switched itself off.

HomePod

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 12:03 PM

Update, it was in fact a hardware issue. Fortunately my plan covered the repair and now a replacement is on its way. Thank you guys for trying your best to help me.

10 replies

Jun 29, 2020 7:19 PM in response to ElizaBaez2018

I’m not sure what it covers. You would need to take it to Apple if any stores are open. Or Contact Support. There’s returns that can be mailed in or you can use authorized dealers to get it fixed. Without the Apple Care I think there’s the standard one year warranty. I’m not really sure so just call Apple. You have three months of free telephone support Call  800-MY-APPLE ... Mind you everything is very busy or slow due to the pandemic.

If it was me I’d want a full refund or exchange.

It shouldn’t lose Bass this soon into having it. We usually see these reports once it’s over a year old. I’ve had mine a few years and have not lost bass.

Good luck! Do try other music though.

Jun 30, 2020 6:47 AM in response to Vancouver22

It's something I even hear with Siri and VoiceOver. The weird thing is no warning, no weird sound, no nothing. Just really awesome sound one day and the next, it sounded like I stuck the speaker in a tin can. Not a good description I know, but I'm writing this while half asleep. I just worry about the cost of repairs and things because I saw the fee for accidental damage, but I didn't see a price for other hardware repairs.

Jul 13, 2020 4:42 PM in response to ElizaBaez2018

That’s so nice to hear they did that. They’ve always been nice to me as well. When I bought my third HomePod online at Apple, two days later there was a $50 price drop! I called and asked if it was possible to be refunded this amount since I’d only just bought it and hadn’t even received it yet. They refunded the difference plus tax. They’ve always been super helpful if I call regarding an issue I couldn’t get fixed on here.

Hope you enjoy your new HomePod. I love them .

My HomePod suddenly has no bass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.