Unable to connect AirPods to my iPhone properly

I have genuine AirPods & have been using them just fine for several years and all of a sudden now my phone is saying they don’t recognize them as genuine Apple AirPods.. I have looked in apple and my model of the AirPods and the case are in fact GENUINE APPLE AIRPODS. Having trouble with connecting properly to my iPhone! Why is my phone saying can’t verify they are genuine and how do I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirPods (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 3:49 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2024 9:21 PM in response to TLCassi

Did you purchase these AirPods directly from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller? ... or did you get them "new" from another third-party source?

If you did get them from Apple, then make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Take both these AirPods and your iPhone with you and see what they find.

Apr 20, 2024 6:45 AM in response to Tesserax

So my AirPods are still not being found on my iPhone, I have reset it, I have reconnected, I have forgotten device. I can’t find them in my iPhone now when I’ve had all the same stuff. This started after I started continuously using them when I noticed all this happening and it sounds like several people are having the same problems after updates. I bought these at Walmart so if Walmart is not a legit retailer, then that tells me the three Apple watches I bought are knock offs? NOT! So my iPad is a knock off from Walmart? My MacBook, I’ve actually got two MacBooks, from Best Buy even. Period! My AirPods ARE legit APPLE product. I have tried it all and this is frustrating. My AirPods were fine UNTIL updates and now iphone won’t recognize them as legit & now left AirPod won’t even hold a charge. All was fine until this! Apple should be correcting this.

[Edited by Moderator]

Unable to connect AirPods to my iPhone properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.