How to fix Burning failure issue on iTunes

First, I bought this album and imported it to iTunes so it is not an iTunes “lease” or has copyright restrictions. I have gone through a stack of CD-R’s trying to burn a playlist. I have burned countless disc’s before so I am no stranger to the process. I either click the 3 dots in the upper right of playlist and choose burn playlist to disc or I click File>Burn Playlist to disc. These are new, never used before CD-R’s. It starts the burn process, the tracts appear at the top, then initializes and then stops. It indicates that there has been a failure to burn with an error code(0xC0AA020D). I am using an external CD/DVD Reader/Writer on a Dell laptop on Windows 11. I made sure my drivers are up to date. I did get three discs burned out of 11 attempts, so 8 of my blank discs were ruined. I am no computer genius, but I’ve been burning discs for 20 years. What has changed? Can anyone offer me some help?!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 5:11 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 26, 2024 7:02 PM in response to Oldgoat1089

You might try:

If you have problems burning a disc in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Also (as I remember) you cannot burn high resolution songs to a CD (but I may be wrong). Check the format of the songs you are trying to burn and make sure they are the same format. I believe the standard is 265 KB. If the playlist you’re trying to burn includes AAC files, make sure MP3 CD is not selected.

Mar 27, 2024 1:07 PM in response to javaliga

If I remember correctly, there was no option to put checkmarks next to the songs to be burned and the rest was done correctly, format, speed, and all. Something changed in an update or something, because a couple of months ago, I had no issues burning discs. I really don’t know. I’ll be ruining more blank discs in the future trying to not have a stroke.

How to fix Burning failure issue on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.