Strange account options in Internet Accounts

The attached pic says it all. How did the bottom three options end up on this computer in Internet Accounts and how do I get them out of there? It feels sketchy to me. This is on a friend's computer that she asked me to help her with something else, but I spotted this while helping her troubleshoot.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 6:46 AM

I can’t find any settings that would modify this list. My guess is that it’s built on the fly based on the Mac location. For instance, in the US, the list shows AOL and Outlook.com instead of the Chinese providers you show.

Do you know of any reason the Mac would think it’s somehow tied to China? A recent trip there?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2024 6:46 AM in response to Greg Shields

I can’t find any settings that would modify this list. My guess is that it’s built on the fly based on the Mac location. For instance, in the US, the list shows AOL and Outlook.com instead of the Chinese providers you show.

Do you know of any reason the Mac would think it’s somehow tied to China? A recent trip there?

Mar 28, 2024 8:54 AM in response to Greg Shields

A long shot: open Terminal (in the folder Applications > Utilities), execute the following command (which is longer/larger than the screen displays - copy and paste its entirety) by taking care to replace "[your username]" with the actual username of the logged on user:

defaults read /Users/[your username]/Library/Group\ Containers/group.com.apple.mail/Library/Preferences/group.com.apple.mail.plist 

Copy the output of Terminal and paste it in your reply using the "Additional text" icon in the reply toolbar:

Strange account options in Internet Accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.