Excel for Mac: When hiding multiple columns, the print/PDF creates many many pages of the first page only.

Hi, I am using a 2020 Macbook Air, yesterday I updated to 14.4.1 (23E224).

I use Excel all day everyday[sadly] to prepare quotations for my clients. I hide all the columns with sensitive details and create a PDF via the print function.

Since the update when I hide the columns and go to print or save as a PDF the result is multiple output pages, as many as a hundred of the first page.

I have exhausted all of my options to find a fix, including checking all the print options in the MS Excel app, checking all the settings in the Mac print, deleted reinstalled all MS apps, tried converting to a numbers doc. [this took an overnight wait as the the MS doc is quite heavy]. Tried on my ipad via onedrive getting the same result. A colleague tried one of my shared documents on a PC for me . .. and got the same result.

Here is a screenshot which might give a clue as to whats going on . ..

I do hope somebody out there can help, I am about to go bananas, not to mention the work that is piling up.

Hoping its something simple

Thanks in advance🙏

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 1:29 PM

There are no replies.

Excel for Mac: When hiding multiple columns, the print/PDF creates many many pages of the first page only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.