Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Voice dictation in Safari search and google apps like youtube and google maps cuts me off after two words

I have the latest version of ios downloaded and installed, I am well aware of how to force quit apps, restart and hard-reset my iphone, and how to clear the cache in Safari- so lets skip the generic answer of 'have you tried restarting your device', I am not 90 years old, I am way past that kind of response.

When using the google search bar in safari, and the google search bar in the youtube app for ios, the voice dictation feature ALWAYS stops recording after my second word: It has done this as far back as when the newest iphone was 6s. i am on a 14. I usually only use the dictation feature when i am driving - often stopped at a light, (I usually think of many things that I would like to look up when i am driving, so i am mostly just intending on doing a google search and then putting the phone back down to look at it later. But I find myself nearly pulling my hair out because I literally cannot get it to dictate beyond my second word before it stops...no matter how quickly and without pause that I speak what i am wanting to look up. This is NOT a problem that happens in text messages, on Facebook Messenger, in the notes app for ios, really it's only ever a problem in safari and the Google search bar and the YouTube search bar. And it's extremely ridiculously and dangerous to be dealing with it while I'm trying to drive, its voice dictation, NOT brain surgery! I am not connected to my car in any way when this happens my car is not new enough for that. In pretty much every other case including using it right now to create this message it stays on for two or three minutes after I've stopped talking still listening for me to say something and yet the Google search bar on Safari and Chrome and Firefox and the search bar on YouTube app literally I cannot speak more than two words before it cuts me off! Is it possible that this could be fixed in someways? If your answer is to restart my device I'm gonna pick it up and throw it at you I'm not 95 I don't need to waste my time.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 11:19 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Voice dictation in Safari search and google apps like youtube and google maps cuts me off after two words

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.