Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

hearing devices and iOS 17.4.1

After upgrading iPhone 13 Pro to iOS 17.4.1 the phone did not recognize my previously-paired hearing devices. I had to re-pair my hearing devices (Resound hearing aid and Nucleus 8 cochlear implant). Before the update, using iOS 17.4, both devices were paired. After the update the phone will now only allow one device, not both, even though they are connected and meant to work together.

The NucleusSmart app shows both devices paired and connected, however the phone's "hearing devices" control only recognizes one.

My audiologist confirms that other people have reported this issue as well, and it needs to be fixed.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 8:55 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 27, 2024 9:20 AM in response to Dennis Baron

Dennis Baron wrote:

After upgrading iPhone 13 Pro to iOS 17.4.1 the phone did not recognize my previously-paired hearing devices. I had to re-pair my hearing devices (Resound hearing aid and Nucleus 8 cochlear implant). Before the update, using iOS 17.4, both devices were paired. After the update the phone will now only allow one device, not both, even though they are connected and meant to work together.

The NucleusSmart app shows both devices paired and connected, however the phone's "hearing devices" control only recognizes one.

My audiologist confirms that other people have reported this issue as well, and it needs to be fixed.

Sounds like Resound/nucleus needs to update their product/software to work with the newest IOS. Let them know.

hearing devices and iOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.