Not able to add a card to wallet after moving to another country. Switched to the current region - still no luck in adding it.

I've been trying to add a debit card to the wallet for the past week and I am always getting the same issue. I have contacted my bank - they claim everything is fine on their end, I have checked all the articles from apple support and did all the suggested steps. Is there any resolution for this issue?

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 4:04 AM

13 replies

Mar 28, 2024 5:40 AM in response to karanfil4e

Wallet App:

Added cards in the Wallet App uses Apple Pay, it's important to note that the ability to add a Debit/Credit Card to Apple Pay is dependent on the country associated with your Apple ID. For instance, if you reside in a country like India where this feature is not supported, you won't be able to add your cards to Apple Wallet. --> Countries and regions that support Apple Pay

Apple Pay is accepted anywhere you see these symbols and marks You can add your credit, debit or prepaid cards from participating banks and card issuers in these countries and regions:

Mar 28, 2024 5:03 AM in response to LordLamin

LordLamin wrote:

Try creating a new apple ID from that country. Select country as the current country.
Switch off all VPNs (if any). Make sure you have sim card of the current country which is linked to that bank.

That is not good advice. Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were downloaded under, so the Author would then have to redownload or repurchase ALL apps they have bought under their current Apple ID. It's usually never a good idea to create a new Apple ID and likely won't solve this for this user.

Not able to add a card to wallet after moving to another country. Switched to the current region - still no luck in adding it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.