Homepod mini & Homepod 1st Gen Siri having troubles connecting to internet

Greetings, after installing ios 17.4.1 on my iphone 13 pro and having updated two homepod mini and one homepod 1st gen to os17.4 (21L227) both the homepod mini’s and the homepod 1st gen’s Siri are “having troubles connecting to internet”. Also, Siri says to “check the home app” but there are no warnings or errors shown in the home app in my iphone.

Both the homepods mini can and the homepod 1st gen can connect to other apple devices (i.e. apple tv, macbook air, iphone) and I can airplay music/video with no problems, or watching movies with the audio from the homepods. Only the voice commands (ask Siri to do something) do not work. Siri returns the same message over and over: “I am having problems connecting to internet. Check your home app”. As said the home app doesn’t show error and this anomaly started from installation of ios 17.4.1 or os 17.4(21L227) for the homepods. Any help/suggestiom, please?

HomePod mini, 17

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 8:15 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2024 11:47 AM in response to AndreaM79

Hi, Andrea!

Thanks for letting us know what you've already done to try and solve the problem.

In the Home app:

1. Tap your HomePod > the Settings button
  2. Scroll down until you find 'Wi-Fi Network'

If the signal is showing as weak, try moving your router closer to your HomePod.

If it's showing an exclamation mark, try unplugging and plugging your HomePod back in after a minute or so and resetting your HomePod if that doesn't work: Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support.

Homepod mini & Homepod 1st Gen Siri having troubles connecting to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.