Is Dune 2 movie available for streaming on Apple TV+ ?

I just resubscribed to Apple+ to view Dune 2. I see Pre-order for $29+. Is this movie not available for streaming yet? Available only for buying? Why Pre-Order?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

3810X,

Posted on Mar 30, 2024 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 2:57 AM

Hello,

Today is already the 17th of april in my country, and the movie is still only in "Pre-Ordered" state.

Maybe somebody knows if it can somehow be relate to different regions regulations?

Thanks in advance.

14 replies

Mar 31, 2024 10:48 AM in response to Nannymel

It says pre-order

As you may know, pre-order is like a reservation for when it comes out to buy through the Store in the Apple TV app. Pre-orders get added to your Library at the release moment, so that you have it available as soon as possible. You’ll also get an email to let you know that it has been added to your Library. About pre-orders - Apple Support

… but does't have a date to when you will get it.

Apple will add the release date to that movie’s Details page as soon as they know; as soon as Warner Bros sets and announces a release date as definitive. (Though even then a supplying studio could possibly change the date again later. While Warner Bros has been pretty reliable, some other studios have been known to shift the date for a title more than once.)

Mar 31, 2024 8:55 AM in response to Nannymel

Nannymel wrote:

It's on there right now. It say, pre-order Dune 2 and even has the trailer to watch but does't have a date to when you will get it???? Very frustrating!

If you select the Apple TV+ tab in the sidebar, you will see only content available with your subscription.

Just like other streaming services like Amazon Prime, you can also purchase movies and subscribe to other streaming services like Max or Showtime and watch them on the Apple TV platform. Using the Home or Store tab in the sidebar will give you options to purchase movies or see offerings from other Channels that require a subscription. Currently Dune 2 is not available for streaming and is only available to purchase/pre-order on all streaming platforms. Eventually it will be available to stream without purchase on Max as long as you have a subscription for that service.

Apr 3, 2024 7:53 AM in response to Brandnewuserid

It looks like the movie is currently up for pre-order, which means it's available for purchase before its official release date for streaming or digital download. This is a common practice for highly anticipated movies, allowing fans to secure their copy in advance. However, it can be frustrating if you were expecting it to be immediately available for streaming with your subscription.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apr 20, 2024 11:33 AM in response to Brandnewuserid

I believe the only reason we're here discussing this in disappointment is a fake news article from an Indian news website, I've talked with apple support and they do not have a release date since it has not been revealed in any way or form, I've reported the news article in every way I could find, and I suggest the same. Here is the link for it: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/us/dune-part-two-ott-digital-release-date-when-and-where-to-watch-online-download/articleshow/109321801.cms?from=mdr# and it shows up at the top when you search "dune part two apple tv release date" on google since you might not want to press on a random link on the internet

Is Dune 2 movie available for streaming on Apple TV+ ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.