Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

MacBook Pro easily getting hot

My MBP Early 2015 after downgrades getting hot so easily.

Firstly, I upgraded to Monterey, seems a bit overloading for my MBP so I backed up my important data, made the Mac bootable external HDD. With Luck, I succeed downgrade to Catalina. I noticed some difference is that Catalina boot up much faster than Monterey, but just only launch Safari, CPU heat up to nearly 70 degrees but Monterey only 55 degrees average. Even just moving cursor, my Catalina is up to 65 degrees average but Monterey is just normal like 45 degrees. How could I fix this overheating problem?

MacBook Pro Early 2015 (Retina - 13 inches)

Dual core Intel Core i5

8 GB RAM

256 (250) GB SSD. (200 GB Macintosh HD - 50 GB Windows 10 Boot Camp)

-----------------Wishes for help---------------------------

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 5:12 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 26, 2024 5:31 AM in response to Minhquan1985

MacBook Pro 15 2015 i7 16GB often got hot and made noise, tried cleaning it, updating thermal paste, resetting the SMC, reinstalling the OS, disabling animation, switching to the old Catalina OS, cleaning startup... there was 0 effect.

Here's what helped:

1. Install the free application "Turbo Boost Switcher" and click on the "Disable Turbo Boost" function.
  2. Install the free application "Macs Fan Control" and configure both fans in it - "Sensor-based" in a temperature mode of 60°C and 90°C. The first fan was installed on the CPU Proximity, the second on the Intel Iris Pro GPU (or whichever one you have).

After this, the fan noise disappeared. The temperature is not rising. Productivity has not decreased. I ran high-load tests with these parameters and they all passed successfully.

It feels like I bought a new Mac.

MacBook Pro easily getting hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.