HomeKit Automation Condition Bug? Using a set start time and sunrise as a condition (eg. Between 9pm and “sunrise”) does not assume sunrise the following morning so does not execute

I’ve got an automation that triggers with motion and as a condition I am attempting to use ‘between 9pm and sunrise’. However it does not trigger as expected. Ie. during the hours between 9pm and sunrise the following morning.

I’ve done a bit of testing and if i use ‘between sunset and sunrise’ as the condition it works, or if i set definitive hours (eg. 9pm to 5am) it works, but its as though the internal logic breaks when mixing these, and always assumes “sunrise” is for today’s date rather than recognising the start time is after sunrise/sunset for the date/location and correctly using sunrise the following morning as the end time.

Is this a bug?

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 6:09 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

HomeKit Automation Condition Bug? Using a set start time and sunrise as a condition (eg. Between 9pm and “sunrise”) does not assume sunrise the following morning so does not execute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.